Southwick Christian Community Church stands by the following beliefs:
- We believe that the one eternal God has revealed Himself through His creation and through the whole of the Old and New Testaments and take them as our final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the unity of God in three co-equal persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, having distinct functions but the same nature. We believe that God is sovereign in all things, and is holy, just and loving.
- We believe that the human race is created/made in the image of God but is separated from God by sin, and can only be restored through faith in Jesus Christ and God’s Grace.
- We believe that God so loved the world that He gave his only Son to be our true Saviour. God became truly human as well as being truly God. God did this causing His Son to be conceived in the womb of the Virgin Mary.
- We believe that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, lived as a man but without sinning, died on the cross as a substitute for sinners by taking on himself God’s judgement for sin, was buried and His actual body came back to life after three days. He was taken up into heaven to intercede for the church and to receive the highest honour on the right hand of the Father.
- We believe that Jesus will return in glory to resurrect the dead, to lead the church to its reward in Christ and to bring judgement and punishment on those who rejected him.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit makes us aware of our need of the Saviour Jesus, and when we accept him as Lord and Saviour, He enters our lives, giving us spiritual birth and the spiritual ability to live the Christian life.
- We believe that in accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour it is necessary to repent from sin and accept forgiveness and cleansing, through His atoning work on the cross.
- We believe that our purpose on earth is to glorify God the Father through His Son Jesus Christ by putting our trust in Him and living in the power of God’s Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit gives us assurance of our salvation and shows Himself by giving any Christian gifts to encourage and build up the congregation or to minister to their spiritual and physical needs. These gifts are received through the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus is the head of the church as a whole and is glorified when groups of Christians worship together, accept each other and are committed to each other under the leadership of a local church and in fellowship with other groups of Christians.
- We believe that, although we are engaged in spiritual warfare and temptation, we are assured of victory through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all Christians should be baptised by immersion as a sign of commitment and obedience to Jesus’ commands to His disciples.
- We believe in the regular sharing of the Lord’s Supper/Holy Communion as a remembrance and as an outward and visible sign of an inward spiritual blessing.